23 Jun 2013

Weekend Makeup Bag



Whether you travel every weekend - home, abroad or exciting weekend surfing trips, festivals, spa breaks, visiting friends or maybe you are just always out, your weekend makeup bag is essential.

I have carried too many items in the past which has made my bag extremely heavy! So overtime I have condensed my weekend essentials and if I had to make do with a few items - this is my shortlist!


I read a lot of great reviews on Healthy mix and Beauty YouTubers singing it's praise! I couldn't "make up" my mind (excuse the pun there!) as to whether it would suit my skin or not. However, I felt it was about time as I live by a rule..if you think of a product or item of clothing for a few months and still are intrigued, you must buy it. 

The texture is smooth and it feels really light on the skin. It's so light it doesn't feel like you are wearing any foundation. This is the perfect foundation for the summer, although I would still wear this in the winter.

I bought this in Boot's but you can also buy this online at ASOS


My Mum bought the Guerlain bronzer for me quite a while ago and I love it. The packaging is really pretty so I didn't want to use it too much. Although over the last couple of weeks, I have been using this every single day. Part of that reason would be because my Nars Laguna has met pan (horror!!). It is a shimmery bronze with peach and pinky tones throughout. I love it and leaves your skin looking bright and bronzed which lasts all day. 


This is simply a classic and I don't think I really need to go into detail into how amazing this perfume is. You know when you try a perfume and you aren't really sure if it suits you..well I have no doubt about this. I take it everywhere, and usually try to put it into a smaller perfume bottle for travelling. 


This lip gloss came free with Impulse deodorant in Superdrug. It's a beautiful natural pink colour which is a perfect match for my lip colour. I love this as it looks very natural for during the day. 


Girl meets Pearl by Benefit is a soft pink highlighter. Usually, you apply highlighter to above your cheekbones to accentuate them as well as on areas of the face which catch the light (generally top of forehead and straight down the line of your nose). However, I don't follow those rules! I started to place a little on the back of my hand, then put my foundation on top of it and blend it with a stipling brush and dab onto my face. It made my skin look a lot brighter and left a fresh feeling - if that even makes sense! 


I am a liquid eyeliner hoarder! I seem to collect them and pick up a new one anytime I see one! I have so many but the Rimmel glam eyes is my favourite at the moment.  A few months ago (yes only a few months ago) I learned how to create the "flick" eyeliner look. Apparently, some of my friends have been creating this look for years! Anyway, I prefer that I only started to do this now and it's giving me a new look and I felt it was time for a new look!! 

This eyeliner has great staying power and if you apply to the top lash line with a line of black eyeshadow underneath, it stays even longer!


I love love love this mascara!! It makes lashes look extra long and it basically does exactly what it says on the tin (well the tube in this case!). Black. Mascara. Love it. What more can I say!?


On the way to repurchase L'oreal Studio secrets primer, I came across Catrice Prime and refine primer. It is half the price so I thought I would give it a whirl, and I was pleasantly surprised!  The quality, texture and consistency is amazing. I apply this after moisturising and it's incredibly light. My makeup looks great after using it and holds makeup all day.


These lip butters are amazing. If you haven't tried, get down to your nearest boots and try! I especially love the Vanilla and Macadamia and take it everywhere!


My favourite blush for the past couple of months is, hands down, Topshop cream blush in the colour "Prime Time". It is a deep pink colour which looks beautiful on the skin. I can't live without this now, and I didn't think anything could replace my Bobbi Brown blush...love them both equally! 


After a long day, it's nice to cleanse your skin and finish off with a soothing night cream. Using a night cream leaves your skin looking instantly brighter when you wake up. I generally forget to use a night cream but when I do..my skin thanks me in the morning! 

2 comments:

  1. I love the Vine you've added! Great idea, kind of genius :p

    Also really loving Benefit They're Real at the moment :)

    Holly Mixtures

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment Holly!! So sweet. Isn't "They're Real" amazing? Definitely notice the difference in making my lashes look longer compared to other mascaras. Thanks for reading :)

      Trish xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DISCLAIMER

I try to correctly credit every image I use that wasn't taken by myself. All images are used for commenting purposes only, but if you would like a credit changed or an image removed please contact me and I will happily comply.