27 Jun 2013

Everyday Makeup



Every morning, I follow pretty much the same routine...which is highly necessary as I get up in a zombie like state until I get to work. "I wake up, brush my teeth...and pick out my school clothes" to quote Cher from Clueless. I don't have a catalogue of my clothes unfortunately, although I did attempt to do it via pose.com. You would need a lot of time to complete that, and I'm sure Cher has lots of help from Lucy her maid!!!

Anyway, let's get down to make up basics, and what I use every single day. After I cleanse my face, I apply Philosophy "hope in a jar" moisturiser for oily skin. My skin is oily-normal so I tend to stick to products for oily skin. This moisturiser also works as a primer so if you are in a rush...you can just use this. 

I tend to double up and use a primer. I have recently fallen in love with Catrice - Prime and Fine. This leaves the skin feeling smooth fresh. You can apply your foundation almost immediately after applying the primer as it just sinks into the skin and doesn't leave it feeling greasy or too oily. 

Next I apply concealer under my eyes, on any blemishes that might appear on any given day (yippee) and any red patches. Sometimes, I won't apply foundation and just use concealer and a little bit of bronzer.  I use Collection - Lasting Perfection concealer. If you haven't tried this, it's the best product I have discovered in ages. I would go as far as to say this is the best concealer ever. EVER. I don't have anyone forcing me to say this, I genuinely love this product so much. 

On the days where I feel like I need to use foundation, I use Rimmel - Wake me up foundation. Not only does this smell great (although I don't even think that's a requirement I look for in a foundation) but it is so light on the skin. The coverage is amazing and it feels like  you aren't wearing any foundation. It has a little bit of sparkle throughout so your skin looks instantly brighter. This is such a great drugstore/pharmacy makeup which is incredibly affordable.

I use bronzer everyday and can't live without it. I generally use Nars laguna but I need a new one so I searched through my old makeup stash and found my Geurlain - Bronzer. I was given this as a present from my Mum and because it's quite expensive I wanted to keep it for as long as possible. For that reason, I barely used this! But now I use it everyday and can't speak more highly of this product. 

In Tesco a month or two ago, I grabbed an eyeliner which I hadn't heard of before, L'oreal Super Liner. It has a spong applicator and it is one of the best eyeliners I have tried to get the "flick" look. I top this off with Rimmel - Glam Eyes Liquid Liner. I find the liquid in the Rimmel eyeliner helps to hold the L'oreal eyeliner in place for longer. This lasts all day. 

I picked up the Cover Girl - Mascara in the US last year. I tend to stock up when I am there but I have heard that Maxfactor are pretty much the same product. I just love how easy this is to apply in one touch of the lashes. 

Lastly, I finish with a little bit of blush. Right now, I am obsessed with Topshop - Cream blush in "Prime Time", I usually don't particularly love one blush over another and tend to mix and match everyday. This has surprisingly remained top of  my list for a long time. 

4 comments:

  1. I really like the Wake Me Up foundation! Want to give some Philosophy stuff a try too, I've heard lots of good things! x

    mini-adventures.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing? It is one of my favourite foundations! Philosophy is brilliant...I tried it for the first time back in April. It is much cheaper if you buy it in the airport...I think I got it in Gatwick so if you are flying anywhere this summer maybe look for it in the airport!

    Trish xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK you have sold me on the Collection concealer. Trotting off to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine, it really is amazing! It's such good value for money too so you can't really go wrong!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DISCLAIMER

I try to correctly credit every image I use that wasn't taken by myself. All images are used for commenting purposes only, but if you would like a credit changed or an image removed please contact me and I will happily comply.