23 Jun 2013

Sale Part I: Zara Black Slipper Shoes




The clock struck midnight on Thursday the 20th of June and there was only one thing on Zara lover's minds...The Zara Summer sale has officially begun. Well maybe two things....a girl has got to sleep after all!

I couldn't stay awake, even though I tried and tried! So when I woke up on Friday morning I had a browse through the site. Even though I shop quite a bit online, lately, I love to go into shops and really see what I'm buying. It's difficult to judge how an item will look on you and I love to feel the quality of the material. With work filling up most of Friday, I left it until Saturday before I ventured into Zara. I felt I may have missed lots of great items but alas, there was plenty of stock left for everyone..after all, we all have different tastes.

Underneath a bundle of bright coloured jeans, I saw a black "slipper" pump peeping out in a size 40. I couldn't believe my size was the only size left. I searched through the bundle of jeans to find the other shoe...clutching just one shoe for a few minutes. I looked underneath the table...where was the other shoe?! Finally, I saw a hint of a black shoe peaking out from jumpers in disarray. Yay, a pair of shoes, in the sale, that were comfy and just what I wanted for winter. Yes WINTER! I shop for Winter in the summer and summer in the Winter. It might seem odd, but you can make some huge savings. 

I love storing it away to take it out when the next season comes in and I have a ready made new wardrobe to start me off for the new season! I also live in Ireland, so Winter clothing pretty much goes all year round. It doesn't really make sense to buy summer clothes, even though I do! 

I am going to wear these with black skinny jeans and a black and white blouse. In Winter, I live in monochrome. So I will say goodbye to these shoes for a few months...but they are worth it!

Does anyone else buy winter clothes in the summer sales? Let me know in the comments section below.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DISCLAIMER

I try to correctly credit every image I use that wasn't taken by myself. All images are used for commenting purposes only, but if you would like a credit changed or an image removed please contact me and I will happily comply.