9 Jun 2013

Sunny Sunday Outfit Of The Day



Lazy Sundays in the sunshine are completely relaxing and wonderful. I try to make the most out of the longer days by going on walks, picnics in the park, trips to the beach, catching up with friends, eating ice-cream, shopping for summer clothes and enjoying all of the pretty flowers which have finally bloomed.

Most of my summer clothes are a combination of items gathered over the years, that have only been worn once or twice (some haven't been worn before at all). Living in Ireland, we don't have much of an opportunity to wear Summer clothing, so the wise Irish tend to limit the amount of Summer shopping, as you just won't get the value for money. Taking a few holidays a year, for a couple of days at a time, I still don't get the opportunity to wear everything! For that reason, my white jeans are 6 years old and still look brand new, my summer dresses are between 3-5 years old, and each year I add one or two new pieces.

This year, I picked up a beautiful cream skirt from Forever 21. I love the length as it just hits above the knee, however, there is a lace band around the bottom so the lining underneath is shorter, giving the illusion it is longer and shorter at the exact same time. Does that even make sense? Well it does to me and you can make your own judgement from the images.


I also love how I can transform this skirt into an Autumn/Winter outfit by pairing it with black tights, a long sleeve black body top and black pumps. I live in monochrome throughout the Winter so this will be ideal.

My necklace is also from Forever 21, and you have probably noticed most of my jewellery accessories are from there lately. I have noticed dupe's for this necklace throughout Spain and possibly in Primark (Penny's in Ireland) or maybe Forever 21 copied them...who knows!

My pink-red top vest top is from Topshop. I bought the top last year but Topshop have these tops in every single year in a multitude of bright colours. The tops are not unlike other vest tops that you can buy in pretty much every clothes shop at this time of year - Warehouse, Oasis, M&S, River Island, Zara and Penny's (Primark!)

And the final part of my outfit...my feet...I am wearing my wedges from Penny's. They are high but surprisingly comfy. They are most likely still available in store and I would recommend as they go with everything! From skinny jeans to skirts and dresses, these are ideal for this time of year and if you are lucky enough, for holidays!


Leave me a comment with your favourite summer outfits and your favourite shops to buy them.

Thanks for reading and don't forget to follow me on GFC to get updates as well as on Twitter, Pinterest and Bloglovin!

                                                           Follow through Bloglovin


2 comments:

  1. Your skirt is gorgeous! I know exactly what you mean with the short / long illusion. The lace detailing is gorgeous. Absolutely love the sandals too - I'm still on the hunt for a couple of pairs for the summer ahead! xo

    Megan Jane // Seek My Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! It is my favourite skirt at the moment, so comfy too! Can't get enough of summer clothes, even though, the sun never lasts! Thanks for reading :)

      Trish xo
      www.reservedforruby.com

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DISCLAIMER

I try to correctly credit every image I use that wasn't taken by myself. All images are used for commenting purposes only, but if you would like a credit changed or an image removed please contact me and I will happily comply.