5 Sept 2013

Accessorize Closing Down Sale


I remember still being in University when the first stages of the almighty recession hit Ireland. I, alongside hundreds of other people were worried we would never find a job. The impact was immediate for some businesses, but others battled through. Accessorize is one of my favourite shops to browse and pick up something nice to add to a plain top or dress. It is also the ideal shop to buy a little present for a friend. However, more recently I saw a huge 50% off sign in the window and it immediately caught my eye - I'm only human!! Next to the 50% off sign, there was a teeny tiny sign which said "We are closing on the 15th". Directly across the street, lay a vacant HMV. I felt really sad that two of my favourite shops to browse were disappearing. My Sunday's during the winter were filled with a trip to Starbucks (either a Chai latte or hot chocolate in the Christmas cup) followed by a quick sprint around M&S to grab some food for dinner, a browse in HMV which resulted in an even larger DVD collection, finished off with visit to Accessorize. 

Even though I benefited from the 50% closing down sale, I still wish it was there, alongside HMV. I miss those days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DISCLAIMER

I try to correctly credit every image I use that wasn't taken by myself. All images are used for commenting purposes only, but if you would like a credit changed or an image removed please contact me and I will happily comply.