25 Apr 2012

The Sunshine Glow: St.Tropez Instant


I generally wouldn't use any fake tan but if I am feeling pale, pastey and in need of a holiday I will search high and low for something that will give me a bronzed glow. With fake tan, everyone is different and each skin tone will react differently to each tan. The same way when you are in the sun, different people turn different shades of brown, gold or even red! So it is all down to trial, error, test, fail and succeed!!
When I was shopping during the week I picked up St. Tropez instant tan to test out. I usually wouldn't go for instant, the main reason is when it rains, someone spills a drink on you, or you spill something on yourself, it ruins it completely. However, one of the many good sides to an instant tan is you can wash it off as quickly as you applied it.
When I choose an instant tan, I need to do a couple of tests. The first one, does it blend well or does it stick to my elbows and look horrible. The second, if I splash water on my arm will it look like I'm speckled with a strange disease. Here are the results of St. Tropez in an instant (without visiting St.Tropez!)



The Colour:
They don't give a colour such as "light", "medium" so I am guessing one colour suits all. The colour is extremely dark when you first squeeze it out of the bottle however once you rub it in, it gives a really subtle bronzed colour.
Application:
Exfoliate first and ensure your skin is clean, clear and no sign of cuts and grazes. I have always found, the best results are achieved when you apply with your fingers and not a giant orange mit. I know, it is annoying when it's all over your hands but just keep lots of baby wipes near, and then wash your hands carefully straight away, only on the palms. If water runs onto the top part of your hand, rub some moisturiser over your hands and that should smooth out and cover any patches.
Blend Test:
It goes on dark, but blends into a subtle bronzed colour. I loved this and it didn't look orange leaving your skin with a nice warm glow. I did use extra moisturiser around my elbows and the top of my arm. Moisturising is key in the application process to ensure all areas are blended well and you don't get any streaky lines.
Water Splash Test:
I waited for the tan to dry for 10 minutes before I tried the water splash test. The two main situations that we may have to battle with outside are: drink spills and rain. I felt both rain and drink spills would have the same effect, unless it is very light rain. I trickled a little bit of water on my arm and patted it dry. The tan stayed in place and I didn't have any weird speckles. The trick to this is letting it dry for 10 minutes before you go anywhere.
The Results:
This lasted all day and didn't rub off on any of my clothes. I was wearing white and it didn't mark or stain the top at all.
Overall Thoughts:
From someone who never wears instant tan, I really loved this product. If you are thinking about trying an instant tan I think this is a good place to stay. Retailing at only €12.75/£10.20 it is a little bit more expensive than Rimmel Sunshimmer, but I definitely prefer it. I only needed to use a small amount so this bottle should last for ages.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DISCLAIMER

I try to correctly credit every image I use that wasn't taken by myself. All images are used for commenting purposes only, but if you would like a credit changed or an image removed please contact me and I will happily comply.