22 Jul 2012

Preppy and Pink



If you asked me to define my style, I would find this quite a challenge. I wear clothes to suit my mood. Yes, if you ask any of my friends and family, I do own a ridiculous amount of cream, gold and white tops, however, my mass ownership of plain coloured tops is justifiable. I like to buy clothes which don't go "out of season". Since when did you say or hear anyone say, "oh hey it's winter, I can't wear that white top"..or "oh look the sun is shining I can't wear that!". My clothes aren't limited to seasons and that makes me feel happy considering I spend more money than I can really afford to on clothes. 

The shorts are from H&M, a purchase I made in Chicago. I know they have the same stuff here but I was worried they wouldn't be there on my return! They are a deep berry colour/pink! I originally wore this with, low and behold, a white top! I think these would look great in the winter with a black top and black tights...but for now, I wore a stripey blue and white shirt from Hollister. There is a funny story to go along with this shirt. I am not quite sure it is funny "ha ha ha" or just a funny situation which might deserve a "ha". Hollister, as many of you might be familiar with is a dark, teens/early 20s filled shop which resembles a nightclub filled with rails of clothes. All I wanted was to get a couple of shirts for my boyfriend, but this was taking longer than expected. After spending about 30 minutes in the dark...trying to see the real colour of the shirt, I look at the huge queue which we needed to participate in to pay for everything! Considering the length of time we had to endure to buy a couple of shirts..I felt we needed to buy more to  match the length of time in the shop! I grabbed this shirt, without trying it on, and without really knowing the colour..and here we are, months later, with a nice shirt! 
Shirt - Hollister, Shorts - H&M, Bag - Boutique in Dublin. 


2 comments:

  1. Love it. Totally agree on the justification.... you need at least 1 personal item for every 5 minutes spent in queue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun..I'd love to live by that rule all of the time....but I'd be more than broke!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DISCLAIMER

I try to correctly credit every image I use that wasn't taken by myself. All images are used for commenting purposes only, but if you would like a credit changed or an image removed please contact me and I will happily comply.