24 Aug 2012

The Great Gatsby

The Great Gatsby is a novel by the great author F. Scott Fitzgerald, published in 1925. I fell in love with 1920s clothing and jewellery when I watched old movies and I can't wait for the 2013 release of the movie. When I love a book, I generally don't like to watch the film as films often cut scenes and rewrite pieces to make it more suited and interesting to a viewing audience. I love reading a book and imagining what the characters look like, what their style is and their facial expressions. However, the Great Gatsby will be an exception due to the array of style that will feature throughout.   Part of the whole 1920s look were the beautiful jewels, diamonds and costume jewellery. 

Vintage is at the heart of Reserved for Ruby. An eclectic mix of vintage and on-trend, I feel, really completes a wardrobe. I am really excited to have some beautiful vintage costume jewellery available very soon at reservedforruby.com

Each piece was hand selected from different parts of the world and are all completely unique. 











4 comments:

  1. I've just finished reading The Great Gatsby so I love this post (: The 1920s seem so very elegant and stylish so I can't wait for the film either! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Jo! We will have to wait another year for the film!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are sooo beautiful... I think I need all of them in my life... like now! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks hun! I will hopefully have them available for sale shortly on http://reservedforruby.com/. I will keep you and everyone updated on here and on Twitter! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DISCLAIMER

I try to correctly credit every image I use that wasn't taken by myself. All images are used for commenting purposes only, but if you would like a credit changed or an image removed please contact me and I will happily comply.